JPN is a not-for-profit membership organisation made up of like-minded organisations and individuals who are committed to jazz in the UK and Ireland.
JPN is for anyone who works actively in jazz and improvised music.
Membership is welcome from those based in any part of the UK and Ireland.
Membership will also be considered for those active in the UK and Ireland, but not based here.
Members join JPN to:
● build and serve audiences
● exchange projects, programmes and ideas
● identify and nurture talent
● share information and knowledge
● support and encourage creativity
● develop skills and professional practice
● contribute to advocacy for jazz
The Network is set up so members can contribute – to share their skills, experience and knowledge with other members.
A number of opportunities are also offered as part of the membership including:
● A free place at the annual conference (two free places for large organisations)
● Invites to quarterly member meetings – which include continuing professional development opportunities alongside networking and live music
● Members’ Facebook group – a private group for sharing ideas, news and information, as well as asking for support
● The opportunity to participate in projects. Past projects include Emerging Talent, Going Dutch and #jazz100
● Discounted public liability insurance scheme
● Invitations to showcases, launches, networking events
● Presence at Jazzahead via UK & Ireland trade stand
● JPN lobbying on behalf of members
The JPN is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), charity no. 1160282)
JPN is a membership organisation – each member (individual or organisation) has one vote on all matters put to the membership. This includes voting to elect the Board of Trustees at the annual General Assembly.
Organisations receive one vote, but more than one representative of an organisation can attend events and work on projects. A member organisation can have separate access to the private online forum for up to three people.
Umbrella organisations and other networks can join the JPN in their own right and have one vote but do not operate in the JPN as umbrella/proxy representative of their constituents.
The Board of Trustees is responsible as a management group for taking forward the work of the JPN as a management group. JPN members are encouraged to contribute to projects and join working groups.
Each member pays an annual membership fee. As of 2018 / 2019 these are:
– £55 for individuals and voluntary organisations run by unpaid personnel;
– £160 for professionally staffed organisations with up to three full-time equivalent (FTE) staff;
– £260 for large organisations with three or more full-time equivalent (FTE) staff.
Membership runs for 12 months, April to April.
UPDATE! Due to the impact of covid-19 on the sector, we are freezing membership fees for new members until the end of this financial year! Please fill out the form and we will send you the details
Please use the form directly below to submit your application.
Applications will be considered by the Trustees against the criteria that are listed above.